I didn’t sleep much last night so when I woke up this morning, I didn’t feel like going to my 7 o’clock Arnis session. I was already thinking of calling my instructor Master Cris when I remembered a quote.
“Wow, I really regret that workout”
— No one ever.
I dragged myself from bed, sleepily ate a quick breakfast and went off to the park where we workout.
About 20 minutes into the session, I started to see that No one was really right.
Faster heartbeat, warm muscles and deeper breathing removed all the sluggishness in my system.
Two hours later, feeling exhausted but strong, I told myself, No one was right!
If I didn’t workout, I would have missed the opportunity to
- enjoy a fantastic bolo and knife workout – we had blocks and disarms!
- strengthen my lungs and deliver more oxygen to my muscles
- feel psyched and energized because of all those feel-good hormones from exercise
- lose hundreds of calories and be closer to my dream physique
- gain lean muscle
- increase my immunity
- bask in the cool morning sunshine
- have an encouraging time with like-minded friends
I’m glad I went to that workout.
I know now that the only workouts I will ever regret are the ones I miss.
How about you? Have you been regular in your workouts lately?
I hope so :)