No, I’m not a marketing person but the more I think about it, the more I am convinced: Sponsoring Arnis tournaments here in the Philippines will be a smart and surefire investment for your brand.
You want to know why?
Read on, my friends.
1. You will be a part of something that will grow, for sure. In 2009, Arnis became the Philippines’ National Martial Art and Sport (Republic Act No. 9850). The implementing Rules and Regulations are still being finalized but Arnis will soon be promoted and taught in communities, primary-secondary-tertiary schools, armed forces (AFP), and the police (PNP). See for yourself how HUGE it will be HERE.
2. You will build your brand’s pro-Pinoy image. What other sport can give you this? You will be known as supporter and promoter of the Filipino spirit, culture, and heritage.
3. You will be identified with the qualities ascribed to Arnis: patriotism, fearlessness, guts, determination, and speed.
4. Your brand will be exposed to your target consumers: high school and college students, as well as influential people like coaches, tournament organizers, and officials.
5. You will have a chance to build awareness, affinity, and loyalty to your brand at a relatively lower cost compared to other means of marketing.
6. Your promotional materials will receive maximum exposure. The tournament is held in a fixed venue i.e., the participants and spectators stay in one place the whole tournament duration. Displayed promotional materials like banners and posters are in their sight the whole time.
7. You will be seen by so many in social media. The participants belong to a group profiled as being active in Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, and other social media. Think of how many will see your brand’s name and logo in the background of so many shared photos and videos.
8. You won’t have to compete with other big brands in sponsoring other already popular sports. Why go where it is already crowded? In Arnis, you’ll surely get noticed.
9. You’ll have the opportunity to do something noble for the Philippines. Filipinos, this is our country, our heritage, our sport. It’s time to love our own. Our non Filipino friends, help us become a people who appreciate and practice our own. It’s high time.
So, my friends, do you agree?
Sponsoring an Arnis tournament is a killer marketing strategy!
- 6th Arnis Pasindo Tournament
- Tournament review: Why I’m proud in a sad kind of way
- Arnis oaths of sportsmanship (Filipino version)
- 7th Arnis Pasindo Tournament, done!
- Why I didn’t say a thing for days (I’ll tell you why, I wrote about our tournaments for a magazine!)