My Arnis training starts at 6:30 AM so I’m always on the lookout for easy-to-prepare healthy breakfasts.
Thankfully, I found a lot of ideas from Pinterest and one of the best is this Overnight Oatmeal (sometimes called Refrigerator Oatmeal). Do you know this? When I told my friends about this yesterday, they couldn’t believe that I can eat a no-cook oatmeal. “Just try it and you’ll be a convert,” I said.
Hubby and I eat variations of this at least three times a week and we are hooked!
Want to try it?
Ingredients: (I just eyeball the amounts)
- Old fashioned rolled oats (not instant). Sometimes I add a small amount of steel cut oats if I want my breakfast to be chewier
- Chia seeds (for protein)
- Almond milk (I make sure it’s unsweetened because the sweetened kind has 13 grams of sugar per cup. That’s more than 3 teaspoons of sugar* and of course I don’t like that!)
- Fruit (I usually use a banana, mango, or raisins)
- Cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon a day is good for blood sugar control)
In the evening, I dump everything (except the cinnamon) in a mason jar, shake shake shake, then refrigerate.
In the morning I just stir, add a dash of cinnamon and if I feel like it, more milk and fruit.
That’s it! I eat about a third before my training and the rest of it after. E-A-S-Y!
Want to try it? 🙂
* 4 grams of sugar = 1 teaspoon sugar